Saturday, September 4, 2010

Head meet wall

I promised myself that this blog would not turn into "that kind of blog", but it seems here I am right where I didn't want to be.

The crazy ex wife called today. After the ridiculous time we had trying to get the children home from her last visitation, Hubby said "No more visits". Great because after that drama, I seriously packed a bag and came as close as I have ever come to leaving for good.

Well, as he is speaking to her today I keep hearing him say "maybe, maybe...I said maybe." I am a curious soul and since this involves me in at least some small (huge) way, I rightly asked him what the conversation was about.

He says that she is wanting to pick them up next weekend. My first response; "Are you fucking kidding me? Please tell me you just said maybe to get her off the phone." Now, for those new to this whole thing (no one, but I can dream), we have had the children for nine years. She literally dropped them at our door with a trash bag of clothes each and then disappeared for almost a year.

Since she has come back into their lives more frequently (every three or four months) she has done her best to manipulate the children. The weekend in question was a nightmare. She didn't want to bring the children home, so she made up some elaborate story that left Hubby yelling at me and me packing up to take our two children somewhere far, far away.

To even give her the slightest idea she would be allowed to take them for another weekend simply astounds me. It has taken two weeks just to get the youngest child to interact with us again.

Hubby got angry at my "questioning HIS decisions" when in reality, I am the one that will face the hell upon their return. I am not up for another round and I am totally sick and tired of not being allowed to speak my opinion on matters that have dire consequences on my life.

He was in the midst of cooking dinner. The kids are hungry. What did he do? Went to the bedroom and took a nap. It took youngest child going in there to find out the status of dinner. I should mention that he slept until 10 this morning, so it was absolute bullshit for him to be lying down.

He informs her he is no longer cooking. Fine, I head off to finish up and he yells at me to leave the kitchen. No problem, asshole.

I hear Florida is beautiful this time of year.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes it is. We had some rain yesterday and it really cooled things off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is still time for you to show up in florida...

    ReplyDelete